Mt Wilga Private Hospital, located in Hornsby, has been providing specialised complex lymphoedema therapy for over 25
years. Our service has been internationally recognised as a LE&RN Conservative Care Centre of Excellence in
Lymphatic Disease. The only one of its kind in Australia.
As a dedicated rehabilitation hospital and therapy centre, we understand your desire to live your best life possible.
With the expertise and experience of our multi-disciplinary medical, nursing and allied health professionals, we
work with you to attain your maximum independence.
Our Lymphoedema Program
Our comprehensive program is designed to help reduce the symptoms of lymphoedema and provide you with ongoing
education and skills to help you manage lymphoedema in your daily life.
Prior to commencement of your program, you will receive a comprehensive medical assessment, skin assessment and
measurement of your limb.
You may undertake a day program, which consists of daily therapy for an agreed period of time and is dependent upon
your individual goals and requirements. You may also be recommended an inpatient stay for an agreed period of time
where you will stay in our hospital and will have access to medical and nursing care.
Your program may include:
- Education regarding skin hygiene to prevent infection
- Lymphatic massage to manually drain the lymphatic system
- Bandaging using graduated pressure to ensure reduction of the limb size
- Exercise prescription to assist with the flow of lymph in the body
- Self management strategies
- Prescription and fitting of a pressure garment
- Occupational Therapy to assist with activities of daily living, relaxation and energy conservation
- Dietetics for education and advice regarding nutrition and weight management
- Psychology for education and advice on coping skills, stress management and relaxation