About Mt Wilga Private Hospital
For over 60 years Mt Wilga, located in the beautiful bushland suburb of Hornsby has been providing specialist rehabilitation care for people living in our community and beyond.
We are a dedicated 112 room rehabilitation hospital and day therapy centre boasting large modern treatment rooms, two hydrotherapy pools and two fully equipped exercise physiology gymnasiums.
Whilst our facilities are important, it is our staff and their professionalism and genuine care that will help you to achieve your rehabilitation goals and get you back on your feet.
What is Rehabilitation?
At Mt Wilga, our philosophy is that rehabilitation involves active participation of you the patient, your family and our staff to achieve patient centred goals that are meaningful and achievable. We work together step by step, to help you live your best life possible and as independently as possible after surgery, illness, accident or managing a health condition.
At Mt Wilga we aim to
- provide a warm and caring environment this is conducive to your recovery
- provide a service with the objective of helping you reach your full potential
- provide assistance in planning your ongoing care and long term follow up where relevant
At Mt Wilga we offer inpatient and day patient rehabilitation programs for
- Back pain and other pain management
- Brain or spinal cord injury or tumour
- Cardiac surgery or illness
- Driver education and assessment
- Hip and knee replacement
- Late Effects of Polio (LeoP)
- Lymphoedema Screening and Management
- Other orthopaedic injury or trauma including fractures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle related conditions
- Other joint surgery including ankle fusions or foot surgery
- Other neurological conditions
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Reconditioning for the older person after surgery or illness
- Shoulder replacement
- Spinal surgery including fusion, laminectomy and discectomy